Recipe for CroissantsWe've been fortunate to be allowed to share this delicious recipe for fresh home-made Croissants by Tessa Clement of Sweet Expectations, baker of Auckland for Croissants.
- 500 gms strong flour
- 10 gms salt
- 35 gms Yeast
- 80 gms sugar caster
- 2 eggs
- 250 mls milk
- 250 gms butter
- egg wash: 1 egg whisked with 1 tbs water for brushing on croissants before baking
- Sift flour, dissolve yeast and sugar in blood temp milk with a little flour
- Pour in to well in centre of flour,add eggs, mix in to a smooth dough, add salt and mix through
- allow to rest for a few minutes
- roll out butter in to rectangle , roll out pastry in to a bigger rectangle add butter and fold in to 3 , turn 45 degrees and do one bookfold. let rest in fridge for at least 15 minutes
- repeat book fold and resting process 3 more times.
- Roll out and cut in to long triangles
- taking the widest part of the triangle make a small slit in themiddle and roll and press down at the same time until fully rolled up then shape in to a crescent
- place on baking tray and set aside in a warm space for about 15 minutes
- egg wash and then bake in oven at 175 degrees celsius for 25 min
- let sit on oven tray for a few minutes to cool slightly then finish cooling on a baking rack
Croissants RecipeNow you can make your own fresh New Zealand style Croissants with this delicious recipe for fresh croissants from gourmet Baker Tessa Clement of Sweet Expectations, Auckland.
Copyright © 2010 Tessa Clement of Sweet Expectations. Auckland's gourmet baker, all rights reserved.